Central Search Changelog
2021-09-30 - TLS 1.1 or lower are not supported anymore⚓︎
- Support for TLSv1.1 or lower was removed from search.maven.org.
You can find more information about this change in the FAQ Discontinued support for TLSv1.1 and below on Publishing servers and search.maven.org.
2018-08-08 - Search.maven.org site upgrade⚓︎
search.maven.org took a whole new look geared towards the modern user. Thanks to significant input from the community since the search.maven.org/beta launch in 2017 as well as a few dedicated engineers here at Sonatype, we've managed to deliver a new platform that greatly improves upon original Maven Central Search and also retains the critical functionality relied upon by software engineers around the world.
- Improvements to provide a better user experience
- Display known vulnerabilities on open source components via Sonatype OSS Index
- Fuzzy result matching for more more helpful results in case of spelling error
- Improvements to allow for better use on mobile devices
What's being preserved?
- Classic REST API behavior as described in the bottom half of the original API Guide.
- The classic search.maven.org UI will continue to be available at https://search.maven.or g/classic.
Changes to Bookmarkable URLs:
- Post update, any bookmarkable URLs will need to be appended with "/classic" in order to resolve correctly.
- Upon transitioning to the new site, we will be updating the API guide with the correct bookmarkable URLs.