Central Search Changelog
2018-08-08 - Search.maven.org site upgrade⚓︎
search.maven.org took a whole new look geared towards the modern user. Thanks to significant input from the community since the search.maven.org/beta launch in 2017 as well as a few dedicated engineers here at Sonatype, we've managed to deliver a new platform that greatly improves upon original Maven Central Search and also retains the critical functionality relied upon by software engineers around the world.
- Improvements to provide a better user experience
- Display known vulnerabilities on open source components via Sonatype OSS Index
- Fuzzy result matching for more more helpful results in case of spelling error
- Improvements to allow for better use on mobile devices
What's being preserved?
- Classic REST API behavior as described in the bottom half of the original API Guide.
- The classic search.maven.org UI will continue to be available at https://search.maven.or g/classic.
Changes to Bookmarkable URLs:
- Post update, any bookmarkable URLs will need to be appended with "/classic" in order to resolve correctly.
- Upon transitioning to the new site, we will be updating the API guide with the correct bookmarkable URLs.